What are the Responsibilities of NHS Members?
2017-2018 school year
1. Maintain a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or above.
2. Accumulate 30 hours of community service each year of membership. Accumulate 10 of 30 hours through NHS. Must have 15 hours documented by the end of the first semester.
3. Actively participate in at least two NHS sponsored service opportunities per year.
4. Serve on at least two committees for NHS sponsored service opportunities per year.
5. Mandatory attendance at meetings and volunteer commitments through NHS (3 absences will result in a disciplinary hearing by the faculty council).
6. Be an exemplary student in terms of attendance at school, classroom conduct, and academic integrity.
7. Pay $20.00 in yearly dues.
8. Read the NHS Constitution and the OHS by-laws.
Failure to meet any of the above responsibilities will result in a written warning from the NHS advisers. Failure to correct the issue outlined in the written warning will result in a disciplinary hearing by the faculty council which could result in removal from NHS.